Our friends at the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) have put together a helpful list that outlines when you should call Dr. David Hunter to schedule an initial consultation. Here are 12 warning signs indicating it’s time to check in with us:
1. Early or late loss of baby teeth
2. Teeth that meet in an abnormal way
3. Mouth breathing
4. Finger sucking or other oral habits
5. Crowding, misplaced or blocked-out teeth
6. Jaws that shift, make sounds, protrude or retrude
7. Speech difficulty
8. Biting the cheek or biting into the roof of the mouth
9. Protruding teeth
10. Difficulty of chewing or biting
11. Facial imbalance or asymmetry
12. Grinding or clenching of teeth
Do any of these warning signs fit you? If so, give us a call at our Glendale, AZ office as soon as possible! Dr. David Hunter and our staff know orthodontic emergencies are never convenient nor timely. If you are a patient of record, we are committed to your oral health and are available to you.
Content retrieved from: https://hunterortho.com/blog/2013/03/how-do-i-know-if-i-need-braces.